16.9.17

Women of Ireland - Ceoltóirí




There's a woman in Erin who'd give me shelter and my fill of ale; There's a woman in Ireland who'd prefer my strains to strings being played; There's a woman in Erin and nothing would please her more Than to see me burning or in a grave lying cold. There's a woman in Erin who'd be mad with envy if I was kissed By another on fair-day, they have strange ways, but I love them all; There are women I'll always adore, battalions of women and more And there's this sensuous beauty and she shackled to an ugly boar. There's a woman who promised if I'd wander with her I'd find some gold A woman in night dress with a loveliness worth more than the woman Who vexed Ballymoyer and the plain of Tyrone; And the only cure for my pain I'm sure is the ale-house down the road.